This campaign already ended. We hope you like the results!
Join us for the 2013 DSACO Buddy Walk on Oct 19, 2013!
Stephanie Johnson fundraising for Team Caleb
Brad Johnson fundraising for Team Caleb
The DSACO Buddy Walk and Inaugural Run for T21 5K will be held on October 19, 2013 at the Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark in OKC.
The Buddy Walk begins at 9 a.m. Activities will include raffles, moon bounces, petting zoo, games, music, and much more! At noon, all attendees will walk one lap around the block outside the Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark to show their support for acceptance and inclusion for people with Down syndrome.
The Inaugural Run for T21 5K will take place October 19 at the Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark beginning at 8:00 a.m. Registration is $30. Each participant receives a t-shirt, and all finishers will get a medal. Runners and walkers of all ages are encouraged to participate. You can register at https://www.signmeup.com/site/online-event-registration/93969
Proceeds raised from this fundraising campaign will benefit the Down Syndrome Association of Central Oklahoma, as well as the families the organization serves. Our mission is "to raise awareness and provide support, as well as promote acceptance and inclusion for people with Down syndrome."
We accomplish our mission through a number of programs including:
• Kylee’s Kitchen (teen & self-advocate microwave-based cooking classes for independent living)
• Learning Lab & Tutoring Center
• Family and Teen/Adult Social Events
• Quarterly printed newsletter and monthly e-Newsletter
• New Parent Packets and Quarterly Breakfast
• Parent to Parent Support Groups
• Reaching Across the Plains Annual Conference (for any parent of a child with a disability)
• Scholarships for families and self-advocates to attend national Down syndrome conferences
• Workshops featuring local & national speakers on topics relating to Down syndrome
Donating through this website is simple, fast, and secure! Your donation may be tax deductible and when made through this website you will receive an email receipt from Razoo. For questions concerning donating through this website please refer to the Razoo FAQ athttp://www.razoo.com/p/faqs_individuals
For more information about the Down Syndrome Association of Central Oklahoma, please visithttp://www.dsaco.org/