"Julia's HOPE" a team to help the RALLY FOUNDATION FOR CHILDHOOD CANCER RESEARCH wants your support.
Julia York turned 12 this past Valentine's Day, and one week after her birthday an MRI revealed a tumor on her brain stem. Her oncologists are gathering more information and working with his team to determine the best course of treatment for her. Julia's full name is Julia Hope York -so our motto is "The Hope's Built In." Your support through Julia's HOPE can help.
Julia's HOPE wants you to help Rally fund research for treatments and cures for all types of childhood cancer. You can run, bike, swim, walk, ride, shop, enjoy wine or create your own fundraiser. They have many events across the country, so there no excuse that you cannot find a way to help out. Direct donations put your money right to work.
Please share this with others who can help out:
- Rally Foundation’s mission is to fund childhood cancer research through grassroots initiatives find better treatments with fewer long-term side effects and cures
- For every dollar Rally receives, 93 cents goes to supporting it’s mission according to our audited financials.
- Childhood cancer is the #1 disease killer of children ages 0-15 in the United States.
- Childhood cancer is different than adult cancer. Its research is severely underfunded each year.
- On average, two classrooms full of children and adolescents, about 46, are diagnosed with cancer every school day in the United States.
- On average, one in every four elementary schools has a child with cancer. The average high school has two students who are current or former cancer patients.
- The causes of most childhood cancers are unknown. At present, childhood cancer cannot be prevented.
- Childhood cancers affect more potential patient-years of life than any other cancer except breast and lung cancer.
- Childhood cancer occurs regularly, randomly and spares no ethnic group, socioeconomic class, or geographic region. In the United States, the incidence of cancer among adolescents and young adults is increasing at a greater rate than any other age group, except those over 65 years.
Your support through Julia's HOPE can help.