This team is for Loftin's students.
Dean C fundraiser
Most Recent Donations
09/28/2012 at 12:33 AM ET
09/16/2012 at 11:00 PM ET
Most Recent Comments
Be the first to show your support! Donate to one of the fundraisers above, then leave a comment on their page.
Catch Olympic Fever at the Jog-a-thon September 28
View Acres students will be going for the gold on September 28 in the annual Jog-a-thon. The Jog-a-thon is our main fundraiser and one in which all the students participate. Our goal this year is $14,000.
Money raised from this event goes to support educational activities, programs and supplies throughout the school year:
- Field trips to supplement learning in the classroom, such as a jet boat trip to view engineering concepts used in bridge building.
- Materials for use in the school garden to teach earth, life and physical sciences.
- Special assemblies, such as The NED Show, which utilized a multi-sensory learning model to motivate, encourage and inspire students to become champions at school and in life.
- Our Artists in Residence program that brings artists into our school for a few weeks.
- Sending our 5th graders to BizTown, a program that combines in-class learning with a day-long visit to a fully-interactive simulated business community where they develop a strong understanding of the relationship between what they learn in school and their successful participation in a worldwide economy.
- Purchasing technology to further engage students and provide a rich multi-media educational experience.
With your help, we can provide an even more enriched academic experience to help our students achieve great success this year and the years to come.