YoKid brings yoga to ALL kids & teens, with a commitment to provide programs for those living in under-served communities.
Kids & teens living in today’s complex environment face ever-increasing challenges, including rising levels of stress and obesity. These challenges are even more pronounced in under-served communities. YoKid was created to help kids & teens confront these challenges by increasing their self-awareness, concentration levels, and physical activity through yoga.
Since 2006, YoKid has facilitated over 4,620 kid’s yoga classes in the Greater DC Area, introducing yoga to more than 2,000 kids & teens. YoKid continues to lead and support this work by growing the field of qualified teachers through our teacher training and the National Kids Yoga Conference.
Studies report that kids & teens who participate in yoga have been shown to have lower levels of anger. They are more relaxed and emotionally balanced, better able to focus and physically more adept-all of which will benefit them physically, academically, socially, and emotionally. They learn to better regulate their reactions to peers and adults and they are better able to concentrate.
- 92% of YoKid kids & teens surveyed report that yoga helped them with concentration
- 88% of YoKid kids & teens surveyed report that yoga helped them feel calm
- 88% of YoKid kids & teens surveyed report that yoga helped them feel healthy
- 85% of YoKid kids & teens surveyed report that yoga helped them with patience
- 82% of YoKid kids & teens surveyed report that yoga helped them learn how to keep still
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!