The College of Idaho, a private, residential liberal arts college, prepares students to lead productive and fulfilling lives.
Founded in 1891, The College of Idaho is the state’s oldest private liberal arts college. The C of I has a legacy of academic excellence, a winning athletics tradition and a history of producing successful graduates, including seven Rhodes Scholars, 14 Marshall, Truman and Goldwater Scholars, three governors, four NFL players and countless business leaders and innovators.
The College’s close-knit, residential campus is located in Caldwell. Its distinctive PEAK Curriculum challenges students to attain competencies in the four knowledge peaks of the humanities, natural sciences, social sciences and a professional field—empowering them to earn a major and three minors in four years.
For the 2014-15 school year, the College was ranked No. 12 in the nation for “Happiest Students” by The Princeton Review. The C of I also was named Idaho’s No. 1 college by Forbes, one of America’s Best College Values by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, and among the Best National Liberal Arts Colleges by U.S. News & World Report.
Some quick facts about the C of I:
- Enrollment of 1,140 students.
- Nearly 10 percent of students are international, representing 46 countries.
- More than 20 percent of students are Hispanic, African-American, Asian-American, American Indian or multi-ethnic.
- More than one-third of students identify themselves as first-generation college students.
- C of I student-athletes have captured 23 individual and team national championships since 2011.
- The C of I offers 26 majors and 55 minors.
- 12:1 Student-to-faculty ratio and high student-faculty interaction.
- Four Carnegie Foundation Idaho Professor of the Year award winners since 2006.
- The C of I leads all Idaho schools in graduation rate, freshman retention rate, alumni giving percentage and percentage of freshmen in the top 10% of their high school class.
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!