Team OMFAA is running in support of those living with Cerebral Palsy and to raise funds and awareness for Footsteps of WNY
The few, the proud, the OMFAA’s!!
For the 17 million people around the world living with Cerebral Palsy, the challenge of getting from place to place is something that at times can be simply exhausting. For some, the thrill of running is something they may never come to know. That is why TEAM OMFAA (Often Mistaken For Actual Athletes) will be running the Buffalo NY Marathon on May 26, 2013; to run for those who cannot.
Marathon training isn’t for the weak hearted. While this training takes commitment, it does not compare to the daily challenges faces by our friends with Cerebral Palsy.
In support of Footsteps of WNY this brave team takes to the streets of Western New York to train for the 2013 Buffalo Marathon (42.195 KM or 26.2 miles). Team OMFAA knows the road ahead will be challenging.
- Full Marathon (26.2 Miles) Jenny Gregoire., Don Damon, Aubrey P., Brianne Blaszak and Kat Gregory
- Half Marathon (13.1 Miles) Tim Williamson, Steve Cahoon, Kristin Hussong, Beth Gregoire, Joel Malley, Paul Beals, Molly & Charlotte, Jennifer and Barry Chapman, Anita Vogel, Ana Sell, and Ryan Handley.
- 4 Person Relay-Amy, Beth, Megan & Andrew
- 4 Person Relay- Brian Joy, Dennis O'Sullivan, Mike Sullivan and Paul Tipton
- 4 Person Relay Dennis, Rachael, Karen, and Marty. Marty, who has Cerebral Palsy, will run the final leg of the relay, which will be 12k.
Team OMFAA is running in support of those living with Cerebral Palsy and to raise funds and awareness for Footsteps of WNY. Footsteps of WNY aims to provide charitable assistance to individuals with Cerebral Palsy by directly purchasing medically prescribed devices and therapies not covered by insurance. These items may include orthopedic supports, braces, shoe lifts, wheelchairs, walkers, canes, and purposeful exercise equipment. For more information about Footsteps of WNY visit www.footstepsofwny.org
Team OMFAA is stepping up so that others may someday be able to step forward. Please consider a donation of any amount and take the next step with us.
Are you running the Buffalo Marathon or do you wish to support Team OMFAA? If so, please share our page, join our team and fundraise with us!
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!