The Susan G. Komen 3-Day 60 mile walk: The WEBB SpiderWEBB team of walkers will walk 60 miles each year until breast cancer is no longer!
In November of this year, in Phoenix, AZ, the SpiderWEBB team of walkers will walk 60 miles for the fourth year in a row. We walk in The Susan G. Komen 3-Day 60-mile walk because we want to make a difference in the fight to end breast cancer. Our walkers will walk an average of 20 miles a day over a 3 day weekend.
In the past three years our WEBB team has raised over $ 50,000 toward the goal of ending breast cancer. The proceeds of this walk help pay for vital global breast cancer research and local community programs supporting education, screening and treatment.
The faces of breast cancer are women of all ages; including even teenagers. One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer. Here are some reasons we walk:
- Breast cancer is the leading cause of cancer death among women worldwide
- 1.6 million new cases of invasive breast cancer occurred last year
- 425,000 women around the world died of breast cancer in 2010
- Every 19 seconds, somewhere in the world, someone is diagnosed with breast cancer.
- The number of new breast cancer cases more than doubled around the world in the last three decades.
Please donate to this mission of ending breast cancer. Please write us a note and tell us about your loved ones who have suffered with breast cancer. We will walk in their honor.
We will keep walking until breast cancer is no longer. We will walk because everyone deserves a LIFETIME. We will walk because we can.
BUT WE NEED YOUR HELP. PLEASE DONATE NOW! ANY AMOUNT MAKES A DIFFERANCE!
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!