Show Box LA: A platform for dance experiments in Los Angeles
SBLA works with great creative energy to help make Los Angeles a culturally vibrant place. We work through partnerships that thoughtfully situate and bring visibility to dance in Los Angeles, to share its presence and relevance in the broader artistic landscape.
Your gift can make a great difference and support our work.
In 2013 we:
- presented L.A. premiere performances and workshops by 4 dynamic guest artists: Luciana Achugar (NY), Jeremy Wade (Berlin), Sara Shelton Mann (San Francisco), and Morgan Thorson (MPLS)
- partnered with Los Angeles Performance Project/Live Arts Exchange, presenting local artists Jenny Liu, NICK+JAMES, Hana van der Kolk, and Meg Wolfe at the Bootleg Theater
- brought dance to the first L.A. Art Book Fair at MOCA with itch dance journal #15
- began a partnership with the Guesthaus Residency, to provide housing for guest artists
- received support from NEFA's National Dance Project and Foundation for Contemporary Art
- continued our partnership with REDCAT, offering a workshop for local dancers with Bebe Miller & Angie Hauser
In 2014, we are excited to go deeper into support of the creation of work, anchoring our activity by focusing on the launch of a rehearsal space residency program. This is a new partnership with the beautiful Brazilian Yoga & Pilates studio in Atwater Village.
WHAT COULD BE BETTER? Planning ahead.
Your financial contributions are a very important part of making things happen, and have great impact. While it is thrilling to see what can be done on the fly, it would also be exciting to be able to plan a bit more for the future; to commit earlier to artists and projects with more funding in place.
Your contribution not only allows us to do the work, but to be a more active agent in making things happen. I hope you will consider making a tax-deductible donation to Show Box L.A. to help us further our vision and strengthen our mission in the coming year.
Thank you, and happy holidays!
Meg Wolfe, Artistic Director
Show Box L.A.
(photo byJennie MaryTai Liu, artist: Christine Bonansea in Sara Shelton Mann's "Hybrid 2", 2013)
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!