RMHC Phoenix provides a "home-away-from-home" for families traveling to Phoenix to receive medical care for their children.
If your child, or the child of somone close to you was in the hospital, you'd do anything to help. You'd do whatever it took.
That's what we do... 365 days a year.
Ronald MCDonald House Charities of Phoenix provides a "home-away-from-home" for families traveling to Phoenix to receive medical care for their children.
The families who benefit from RMHC travel far from home to receive treatment for their child at world-renowned pediatric centers located around the Valley of the Sun. Their child’s treatment may last a day, a month, or even longer, and we're here for as long as they need us. Families are away from home, and often times commuting or staying at a hotel is impossible or financially challenging for a family, especially if the family cannot be together. We ask $15 per night from families, but never turn families away due to inability to pay.
Not only do we provide a place to stay for families who need one, we do our best to provide the comforts of home. Seven days a week community groups have the opportunity to provide dinner at each of our Phoenix Houses. This allows families a warm meal, and the opportunity to talk with other families who are going through similar situations. In stressful times, the simple comforts of home can make a world of difference.
By the numbers:
- 2: Ronald McDonald Houses in Phoenix
- 15: Average number of days a family stays with us
- 15: Nightly fee we ask from families
- 51: Complete cost to host a family for a night
- 63: Number of families that can stay at Ronald McDonald Houses in Phoenix each night
- 90: Percentage of families who could not make a contribution for their stay in 2012
- 22,995: Number of nightly stays we can provide each year
- 40,050: Number of family visits at RMHC Phoenix since opening in 1985 (as of 2/28/2014)
Give on 1 day, and RMHC will give a "home-away-from-home" to families who need it 365 days a year.
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!