Riverside School of the Arts (RSOTA)
The Riverside School of the Arts is the beneficiary for the Give Big Riverside County campaign. Windermere Tower Properties and an anonymous donor have graciously pledged to match donations made on this site for Give BIG up to $5,000 each! Please donate today and assist in keeping art in the hands of our youth.
RSOTA is an arts-based youth development program in the City of Riverside that uses the performing arts as vehicles to help build skills and foster positive attitudes and behavior among under served young people through leadership and self-esteem building programming.
THE BENEFITS OF SUPPORTING THE ARTS:
• Creativity and innovation are vital to a child’s success in the world today
• Through artistic expression youth are able to process their feelings, accept, heal, and grow
• The artistic and creative process is therapeutic in itself and leads to a healthy, well-rounded life
• The arts allow youth to express themselves in positive ways
• The arts allow youth the opportunity to build a positive relationship and trust with adults and peers
• The arts build self-confidence and self-esteem…youth learn to trust themselves
• The arts build critical creative capacity that prepares youth for the workforce
• The arts increase the ability to control behavior and emotions
• The arts teach important life skills such as sharing, teamwork and problem solving
• There is no "right" or "wrong" in the creative process
• The arts help empower youth to reject negative influences such as gangs and drugs
WHAT YOUR SUPPORT CAN DO:
$10 provides a child with paint brushes and small canvas
$25 provides a child 4-weeks of instruction in dance, music and visual arts programs
$50 provides a child with art supplies for 3-months
$200 provides a child use of a musical instrument for an entire year
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!