To provide relief, hope and dignity to the poor, elderly and homeless people of Haiti.
Our mission is to provide relief, hope and dignity to the poor, elderly and homeless people of Haiti.To provide relief from malnutrition and water born illness by providing food and clean water to women, children and elderly living in slums and impoverished situations.To provide hope for the poorest children and orphans by funding education and housing.To strive, by the Grace and Greatness of God, to be the hands and feet of Christ in serving the most vulnerable Haitians.
We focus on 5 ministries:
- Water. There is a desperate need for fresh water in Haiti to help prevent the spread of parasites and bacteria. We deliver fresh chlorinated water to Cite Soleil, the slums of Port au Prince, 6 days a week, year round. The Haitians wait in line with buckets and dishpans to collect the water to use for cooking, drinking and bathing. We are one of the few mission groups that goes into Cite Soleil as it is considered a dangerous area, so the people there are very dependant on the water we deliver.
- Education can provide hope and opportunity for the future of Haiti, a country where currently 50% of the population is illiterate and only half the children attend school. Reiser Relief supports two schools in Haiti helping to educate over 1,000 children. We recently started a university scholarship program to further the education of bright students from Cite Soleil.
- Orphan care. Many children in Haiti are orphaned, some Left orphaned due to the earthquake in 2010 and others because they were simply turned out into the streets to fend for themselves when a parents could no longer afford to care for them. These children fall victim to extreme hunger and poverty, diseases, cholera, AIDS, and sometimes even child slavery. Reiser Relief, together with our sister organization Healing Haiti, contributed to the construction of dormitories and a feeding center to care for orphans in Grace Village located in Titanyen, Haiti. This facility is now home to over 60 children.
- Food. Hunger is a daily reality for many Haitians. Reiser Relief has partnered with Feed My Starving Children for a number of years to provide emergency food relief and to students in the schools that we sponsor. For many children, the meal that they receive in school is the only food they receive all day.
- Eldercare. Fr. Reiser’s first project in Haiti was to construct an care facility for abandoned elderly women in Leogane. Currently 30 women are lovingly cared for by The Haitian Sisters of the Companion of Jesus. With your support are funding the construction of an Elder Care Facility in Grace Village where the orphaned elderly can live in dignity, with purpose, and be treated with the respect they deserve.
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!