Rally Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, empowers volunteers across the country to raise awareness and funds for childhood cancer research to find better treatments with fewer long-term side effects and, ultimately, cures.
Since its founding in 2005, the Rally Foundation has distributed more than $2.2 million to more than 50 projects nationwide to support childhood cancer research, including basic science, fellowships and clinical trials.
About childhood cancer:
- Childhood cancer is the #1 disease killer of children ages 0-15 in the United States.
- Childhood cancer is different than adult cancer. Its research is severely underfunded each year.
- One in every 330 Americans develops cancer before the age of twenty-one.
- On average, two classrooms full of children and adolescents, about 46, are diagnosed with cancer every school day in the United States.
- On average, one in every four elementary schools has a child with cancer. The average high school has two students who are current or former cancer patients.
- The causes of most childhood cancers are unknown. At present, childhood cancer cannot be prevented.
- Childhood cancers affect more potential patient-years of life than any other cancer except breast and lung cancer.
- Childhood cancer occurs regularly, randomly and spares no ethnic group, socioeconomic class, or geographic region. In the United States, the incidence of cancer among adolescents and young adults is increasing at a greater rate than any other age group, except those over 65 years.
- Rally Foundation mission is to fund childhood cancer research through grassroots initiatives find better treatments with fewer long-term side effects and cures
- For every dollar Rally receives, 93 cents goes to support all phases of childhood cancer research according to our audited financials.
A Rally Kid is a child who has fought or is currently fighting childhood cancer. At Rally, we believe that the battle to find a cure for childhood cancers begins with a story. These personal stories are inspirational and encourage everyone to Rally in our efforts to raise awareness and funds for childhood cancer research. All of Rally’s endeavors are dedicated to a child or children fighting cancer because together we are stronger. Please feel free to Rally for one of our Kids or any child battling cancer. To read more about our Rally Kids, visit: http://rallyfoundation.org/index.php/kids/list
Be sure to “like” our Facebook page too! www.facebook.com/rallyfoundation
Thank you for your support of Rally Foundation for Childhood Cancer Research!
Rally Kid T-Shirt Fundraiser Page:
RALLY ATHLETE TRAINING TEAMS:
Rally Athlete Disneyland Training Team 2012:
Rally Athlete 13.1 Atlanta Half Marathon Team
Rally Athlete Publix GA Marathon and Half Marathon Training team:
Rally Athlete 13.1 New York Half Marathon Training Team:
Independent St. Baldrick's - Rally Athlete Page:
Independent Rally Athlete Page: