NJCBW is a statewide association that provides leadership, support and resources on the prevention of violence against women in NJ.
LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO SOMEONE YOU MIGHT KNOW...
- Gay and bisexual men experience abuse in intimate partner relationships at a rate of 2 in 5 which is comparable to the amount of domestic violence experienced by heterosexual women. (Greenwood, Gregory, et al. 2002, American Journal of Public Health 92 (12)).
- LGBTQ women account for about a third of intimate partner violence (IPV) Survivors (NCAVP 2012).
- People of color make up the majority (62.1%) of IPV Survivors (NCAVP 2012).
- Transgender Survivors are two times as likely to face threats/intimidation within violent relationships (NCAVP 2012).
- Over a third of Survivors are youth between the ages of 19-29 (NCAVP 2012).
Few LGBTQ intimate partner violence Survivors access vital services.
Help us in our work of affecting systemic change to ensure safe and accessible services for Survivors of domestic and sexual violence.