Creating A Community. Take a Step With Us.
NET has been instrumental in defining today's ensemble movement.
Until the emergence of NET, ensembles spread across the map had no collective identity. In 1995, eight ensembles gathered for a preliminary planning process. By 1998, the same eight ensembles partnered in a two-year exchange project called the Network of Ensemble Theaters (NET). The project continued to gain momentum.
NET currently has over 300 members in 39 states.
Our work around the country has included:
- hosting six Micro-Festivals, in Atlanta, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Detroit, Appalachia (Knoxville, TN and Harlan County, KY), and New Orleans;
- hosting three national Summits, in San Francisco, Minneapolis, and Honolulu;
- offering over 20 artist-focused professional development sessions;
- granting over $250,000 for project support to our members;
- and continuing to speak out for ensembles and advocate for the field.
This is all just one step toward our ambition to propel ensemble practice to the forefront of American culture and society.
Join our movement. Support our work.
Donate to support NET’s work this year.
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!