Empty MILK Shelves - The Minnesota state funding allocated to the state's food shelves has run out. WAFS needs YOUR help!!
MILK...the Minnesota State funding allocated to the state's food shelves has run out. What does that mean? It means, instead of paying $3 for a case of 9 half gallons we are now paying $12 per case. WAFS/NLAFS distributes aproximately 870 half gallons per month to our clients. The cost for milk has gone up from $287 to $1,164 per month. That means spending OVER $13,968 annually for MILK. Please help us raise MILK Money!
Our GOAL is $14,000
Last month, November, WAFS/NLAFS served 833 families/households. Below is minimum amount of food we distributed to those we served.
- 833 ½ gallons of MILK
- 416 dozen eggs (small families 1-3 persons recieve ½ dozen, families of 4 and over – a dozen)
- 14 cases of margerine (2 sticks per order)
- Miscellaneous refrigerator items such as cheese or yogurt
- 2589 frozen meat items (every order gets 3)
- 1666 snack items
- 3332 cups of flour (every order gets 4 cups)
- 1666 cups of sugar (every order gets 2 cups)
- 833 cups of vegetable oil or shortening (1 per order)
- 833 coffee, tea or beverage mixes such as hot cocoa or koolaid
- 2499 cans of vegetables (small families 3 cans, up to 8 cans by family size)
- 1666 cans of soup (small families 2 cans, up to 6 cans by family size)
- 208 boxes of saltines (each order gets 1 sleeve)
- 1666 cans of fruit ((69 cases) 2 cans for small families up to 4 cans by family size)
- 833 cans of tomato products (1 or 2 depending on family size)
- 833 cans of beans and 833 bags of dry beans (1 or 2 cans by family size)
- 833 bags or boxes of potato or rice products (up to 3 items by family size)
- 833 boxes of mac and cheese or canned pasta (up to 3 items by family size)
- 833 dinner items such as hamburger helpers, chili kits, chowmein (1-2 items by family size)
- 833 packages of pasta and 833 cans or jars of pasta sauce (1 can or jar and 1 or 2 packages by family size)
- 833 cans of meat (tuna, chicken, salmon, etc. or stew (1 or 2 cans by family size))
- 833 items on baking shelf (jello, cake mixes, seasonings, etc. (1 or 2 items by family size))
- 833 breakfast items (cereal, granola bars, oatmeal, etc. (1 or 2 items by family size))
- 833 jars of peanut butter, jelly or honey
- 833 condiment items (ketchup, mustard, salad dressings, etc.)
- 833 cans of juice
- baby food as needed
- Clients can also choose 2 personal hygiene items, dog or cat food if we have it, and diapers if we have them
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!