Linden Hills Power & Light aims to shrink our local carbon footprint through education, community engagement & action.
LHP&L relies on donations from families in the community to bring exciting initiatives to the neighborhood and beyond. You can support us by becoming a member or making a tax deductible contribution. Donations offset the cost of our one part time staff member to oversee programs such as the following. Less than 15% of funds are spend on administration (insurance, bookkeeping, accountants, Council of Non Profits membership, website, email program, etc) more than 85% goes directly to program expenses. We are not raising funds to build an anaerobic digester, we're raising funds to keep the organization running to bring you these great opportunities.
Some of our achievements include:
- LINDEN HILLS COMPOST PILOT : 50% of homes in Linden Hills are now composting their organic material!
- ONE STOP ENERGY SERVICES : Offers home visits with installation of up to $400 worth of energy products and services for $30, increasing the energy efficiency of homes.
- SCHOOLS : LHP&L supported Minneapolis Public Schools in introducing organics recycling to 21 schools, all LH schools now composting.
- NEW LEGISLATION PASSED: Worked with Rep Frank Hornstein and Sen Scott Dibble to move the composting of source separated organics material up the waste hierarchy.
- TRANSIT GRANT: received a grant to encourage LH residents to take the bus.
- ZERO WASTE EVENTS: Linden Hills, Lynnhurst and Fulton Festivals are all zero waste. Business district and other events are zero waste too!
- SPEAKER SERIES: Energy efficiency, solar, windows, tax incentives, green building, home tours & more!
- MEI NOMINATION: nominated for a Minnesota Environmental Initiative award for the Linden Hills compost collection.
- GREEN MOVIE SERIES: Co-sponsoring an ongoing Green Movie series with LHiNC
- WORKING WITH OTHER NEIGHBORHOODS: Worked with Morningside Neighborhood Group to encourage their compost pilot, provided assistance to the East Calhoun neighborhood to start their curbside collection.
- SCHOOL WASTE SORT: Sorted 6000 lbs of school waste.
- CFL DISTRIBUTION: Distributed 1800 free CFLs to the neighborhood to educate residents on how easy it is to take small steps that have big impact on climate change.
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!