Mid-Valley Women's Crisis Service has been serving survivors of domestic and sexual violence for 40 years.
Unfortunately, the program is seeing an ever-increasing demand for services, receiving an average of 18,000 contacts each year—more than double the number of just five years ago.
MVWCS has an opportunity to purchase a building that would provide much needed space to better serve our community, but we need your help to make it happen!
This new facility will provide:
- Multiple fully-accessible, dedicated client meeting spaces, specifically designed to be private and calming
- Larger play therapy room where children can heal from the effects of domestic and sexual violence
- Larger meeting spaces for support groups and volunteer trainings
- Adequate space for child care during support groups
- Free parking (without time limits) for clients and volunteers
- Additional computer workspace for clients and volunteers
As the only program of its kind in Marion County, Mid-Valley Women’s Crisis Service (MVWCS) provides life-saving resources to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking and human trafficking, including support services, safety planning and shelter. Studies show that access to these services reduces a victim’s chance of being re-assaulted by 70%.
Any amount helps. Please give today!
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!