Homeward Bound of Marin has launched a nonprofit IPO and Warren Buffett purchased the first "fundraising share." Will you join him?
Thanks for your interest in our nonprofit IPO!
This IPO is an “Immediate Public Opportunity ...to end homelessness” by purchasing fundraising "shares" to help create a model for affordable green housing for the future.
This nonprofit IPO gives you the chance to take stock in forward-thinking solutions and to invest in people!
Your returns on investment aren’t financial -- they’re human, with significant long-lasting value for the whole community.
Warren Buffett purchased the initial fundraising share for $50. You can invest at the same level...or higher. It's not often you can say that!
All funds raised will help build Oma Village, a new family housing program at Homeward Bound of Marin. With your help, we plan to open 14 small, beautiful, energy-efficient homes for families before the end of 2015.
Nationwide research and our own longstanding experience show that safe, stable and supportive housing is a key ingredient for people working their way out of homelessness. People build resources, resilience, connections in their neighborhoods, and plans for their futures.
When Oma Village opens its doors, 14 formerly homeless working families will move in and develop their growth potential.
What is my Return on Investment?
Your purchase will bring unique returns:
• 14 rental homes affordable to homeless families entering the job market.
• A community space with computer lab and homework club for kids and a staff office.
• Invitations to on-site “open house” days.
• A share certificate to display in your office, home, or classroom.
• Acknowledgement that your investment is fully tax-deductible.
• An Annual Shareholder Report documenting progress of Oma Village residents and program outcomes.
• An invitation to the Annual Shareholder Meeting, where you’ll meet some of the people who embody your return on investment.
• A modern, green village of affordable homes that will be a model for other communities.
• An opportunity to end the cycle of poverty and homelessness for children and families.
Please note: All funds raised during this nonprofit IPO are tax-deductible and will be used to build Oma Village in Novato, California. Stockholders do not actually own stock or shares in the nonprofit public charity “Homeward Bound of Marin” or any of its assets. These fundraising shares simply offer shareholders an opportunity to “take stock in their community.”
Join the Conversation
1385 N HAMILTON PARKWAY
NOVATO, CA 94949
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!