BlinkNow is a grass-roots organization working to empower young people to become pioneers in developing their own solutions to world poverty
BlinkNow is a grass-roots organization working to empower young people to become pioneers in developing their own solutions to world poverty. The organization targets under-developed, war-torn countries where extreme poverty exists. These nations have high rates of illiteracy, disease, child labor, and unstable governments, thus making them the prime focus for our organization.
- Rural Development
- Literacy and Education
- Reduction of Poverty
- Social Justice
- Women’s Empowerment
- Global Sustainability
We believe that to solve any problem one must reach the source. Our organization operates at the grassroots level of community and focuses on promoting sustainability and self reliance in everything that we do. This organization will not offer the band-aid solution or quick fix money to individuals. We believe that if given the proper tools and initiatives, people and communities anywhere in the world can raise themselves out of poverty. We will focus on building and growing the communities we work within as a whole, by implementing programs that reach the poorest and benefit the whole.
Kopila Valley Children's Home and Primary School, Surkhet, Nepal
We opened our doors to our cozy, bright, and joyful home in spring 2008. Today our Kopila family has grown to 40 beautiful, healthy, happy, and thriving children. In the spring of 2010 we were thrilled to complete dream number two: Kopila Valley Primary School. Our new community-built bamboo school is home to around 350 students (nursery through 10th grade).
Our Vision To sustain and improve the quality of life and the future for children of Nepal.
Our Mission To create a self-sustainable living community for destitute children that provides their most basic needs and also contributes to post-war recovery and peace in the nation of Nepal.
- Create a loving home, school and community base for orphaned, street children, child laborers, ex-child conscripted soldiers, and abused children, thus offering them a sense of safety and security.
- Offer the children nutritious food, clean water, medical care, clothing, and a warm bed.
- Provide the children with a multidimensional educational experience that both embodies and reaches beyond the traditional classroom. This will ultimately include art, music, world religion, sustainability and human values education.
- Provide vocational training skills to develop self-sufficiency (i.e. sewing, cooking, gardening, husbandry, community outreach, computer skills)
- Teach the children to grow and develop in an age of globalization while instilling a strong sense of cultural identity and connection to their heritage.
- Establish a relationship with the local community, raise local awareness, and stress community influence. Change the social perspective towards the poor and lower castes.
- Conduct programs for widows, socially vulnerable and destitute women within the community thus encouraging women’s welfare, empowerment, and gender equality as well as positive community relations.
Kopila Valley High School
Currently, we are working to establish a high school in the area of our Children's Home and Primary School. The land has been purchased and money has been raised to start construction. We have approval from the government. The site will also be the future home of the Kopila Valley Primary School. The new buildings will be constructed using green design, focusing on sustainability.
Kopila Valley Women's Center
The women's center opened it's doors in April of 2013. We are empowering girls and women with the tools, skills and knowledge to overcome social inequality and gain economic independence.