Thank You Videos
Donors experience joy when they see their impact. Videos are:
- Inexpensive to create
- Easy to distribute
- Emotionally powerful
What is a Thank You Video?
What is a thank you video? It's a video that your supporters see right after they contribute to your cause. Take a moment to show them how much you appreciate their donation and the tangible impact they are making!
Thank You Video Pointers
- Find your format – There’s a time and a place for more polished videos, as well as quick “in the moment” hand-held work. What best captures your main theme?
- Script it and storyboard it out – This is the “measure twice and cut once” of video production. Sketch out each shot and accompanying script on a piece of paper and make sure they make sense.
- Keep it short and sweet – Say what you need to say, and then bring the video to a close. It's important to keep the video short, so that you brighten people's day, instead of taking it all up.
- Don’t say, “Thank you.” – Well, don't only say, "Thank you". People want to know what impact their gift had, so try your best to tell them, or even better, show them. This is your opportunity to pull on some heartstrings, tell a great story and make your supporters feel the joy of giving.
- Share the link – Ask your donors to share the link to your page with their family and friends. Not only does this let people know how thankful you are, but it also has the potential to bring in more donors.
Post Your Video on Razoo
- Sign in
- Navigate to your fundraiser
- Select “Edit Page”
- Include a link to a video from YouTube or Vimeo under “Customizable Options.”
If you’re a nonprofit administrator on Razoo, you can include thank you videos for your main organization page and for any of your projects.
Featured Thank You Videos
Check out some of our favorite thank you videos on Razoo. Be warned, you may want to donate to each and every one of these causes after watching these.
- Accessible Space Inc.
- Asha House
Thank You Video naming each campaign donor
Thank you from Room 316
Room 203 BC Sign Language
- Catholic Relief Charities
You Helped Haiti
- Little Lights Urban Ministries
Give to the Max Day video
- Rebuild Resources
- Unitarian Universalist Service Committee
For more information on the technical aspects of shooting and editing a video,
check out our blog entry.