FAQ: Donating Through Razoo
Finding your way around Razoo
|About Razoo||Donating Through Razoo||Accounts and Profiles||For Nonprofits|
Donating Through Razoo
- Does it cost anything to donate on Razoo?
- Do I need to have an account with Razoo to donate?
- Is my gift tax-deductible?
- What information do I need for my taxes?
- What if I can’t find the organization I wish to donate to?
- How and when does my donation reach the Organization?
- Can I specify how the charity may use my donation?
- I didn't receive an email confirming my transaction. How do I know it was processed?
- Is there a minimum donation amount?
- How do I cancel a recurring donation?
- I can't find my receipt, how do I get a new one?
1. Does it cost anything to donate on Razoo ?
No, there are no fees associated with giving on Razoo , so all of your money goes directly to the charity! Our partners help cover the cost of credit card processing, ensuring 100% of your donation goes to the charity.
2. Do I need to have an account with Razoo to donate?
3. Is my gift tax-deductible?
Yes. Your gift is tax-deductible within the guidelines of U.S. law. You will, however, need to retain your email donation receipt as a record (you can always retrieve it from your giving profile here on Razoo as well).
4. What information do I need for my taxes?
To claim a donation as a deduction on your U.S. taxes, you will need an official receipt for the donation. For donations made through Razoo , this receipt is issued by our partner, Network for Good. The receipt will be emailed to you once the donation is complete, or you can access it by logging into your account under “Donations."
5. What if I can’t find the organization I wish to donate to?
In order for an organization to be featured on Razoo , it must: i) have a valid Employer Identification Number (EIN) as assigned by the IRS and ii) be registered with GuideStar. If the organization meets both these requirements, we invite you or an authorized representative of the organization to let us know and we can then establish a profile of the organization on Razoo. Please email email@example.com with the name and EIN of the registered nonprofit.
6. How and when does my donation reach the Organization?
Disbursement of donated money is handled by our processing partner, Network for Good (“NFG”). NFG batches donations each month and makes a payment on or around the 15th of the following month.
Payment is made by check unless you have set up an electronic funds transfer with NFG, and will be sent to the address your organization has on file with GuideStar. Please make sure that your address as registered with GuideStar is up to date and accurate.
7. Can I specify how the charity may use my donation?
Yes, to a degree. When you make a donation via Razoo , you may specify how you'd like your donation to be used by the charity by entering the information in the "Designation" field. We will pass along the request with your donation, but we can't go as far as guaranteeing that the charities will honor your request. If this is an issue for you, we encourage you to contact the charity directly to make sure they are able to allocate your money as you desire.
8. I didn't receive an email confirming my transaction. How do I know it was processed?
You may want to first check your email spam filters in case your email client thought it was spam. You may also contact the customer service team at our partner, Network for Good, who will be able to help troubleshoot this problem. They can be reached at 1-888-284-7978, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Is there a minimum donation amount?
Yes, your donation must be a minimum of $10 to be processed through Razoo .
10. How do I cancel a recurring donation?
You can cancel any recurring donation by clicking on the "Account" tab, then clicking on "Donations." Then click on the grey button titled "Scheduled Donations" and then press the "Cancel" button below the amount scheduled.
11. I can't find my receipt, how do I get a new one?
Our payment processing partner, Network for Good, can re-issue your receipt. They can be reached at 1-888-284-7978 or via email at email@example.com.