To transform the lives of orphaned children to help them become healthy, independent, productive members of their communities and the world.
Founded in 1997 by Dr. Jane Aronson, WWO addresses the needs of orphans around the world by providing health, education, developmental, and psycho-social services.
- Why: 153 million orphans in the world (UNICEF State of the World’s Children, 2011) need basic services
- Where: WWO programs are in Ethiopia, Bulgaria, Vietnam, Haiti, Serbia
- What: We reach more than 35,000 orphans, vulnerable children and those who care for them through programs like these:
- 2,500 patients - Health / HIV care and follow-up (30,000 tested for HIV) Ethiopia
- 1,000 clients - Family Resource Centers, Vietnam
- 850 children - Toy Library, Bulgaria
- 800 children - Camp/Camp Follow-up, Ethiopia and Vietnam
- 360 students - WWO Academy, grades k-4, Ethiopia
- 350 children - One-to-One Programs, Haiti, Bulgaria, and Vietnam
- Every WWO program includes training, mentoring, and potential career growth for staff - their success inspires our children and helps local communities stay strong.