$50 per month enables families to have food and other basic necessities needed to survive.
Family Support Program
The Family Support Program is focused on providing life’s basic necessities to the families that need them the most in order to have a direct impact on emotional, physical and spiritual development.
Every month, the support packages provide food and basic necessities to families that cannot afford the materials on their own. These deliveries help sustain life but are far more than a monthly food basket; they represent renewal. Renewal of faith in the church and her people, renewal of hope in what tomorrow holds, and a renewal in these family’s belief that they are not abandoned or alone.
We have seen parents and children alike put down the daily burden of finding food, lift their eyes to meet the day and step into the possibility that things could be different. Once this realization occurs, we are able to speak truth into their lives around responsibility, the impacts of life choices, how they can help themselves break out of the chronic poverty around them, and why we do what we do.
The impact on the children is especially clear. It is amazing the difference a daily meal and someone that believes in you can make in the life of a child.
- Share the Gospel with families and children in the program
- Meet immediate and emergency needs
- Build self confidence and encourage positive choices
- Develop better parental role models for children and communities
- Provide With One Hope with frequent involvement in family life
- Enable With One Hope to monitor child health and development
Observed Impacts on the Children
- Immediate improvement in physical and emotional health
- Increased school attendance and grade average
- Increased self confidence
- Increased number of positive role models
- Ability to “see beyond” the streets around them to a better future
- Decrease in illegal or dangerous activities to survive (e.g. begging, theft)
Observed Impacts on the Parents
- Increased desire to succeed
- Increased interest in the Gospel through real and sustainable searches
- Increased ability to meet additional needs for their family (e.g. clean water, medical exams and medication, clothes, shoes)
- Decreased reliance on substances and illegal activity to “numb the pain” (e.g. alcohol, drugs, prostitution)
- Decreased reliance on illegal professions to earn an income (e.g. prostitution, theft)
- Decrease in other negative behaviors (e.g. disinterest in their children, abusive tendencies)
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!