Whole Children features innovative and high quality programs for children of all ages and abilities, especially those with special needs.
It’s easy to overuse the word hero. But the truth is, at Whole Children we see acts of heroism every day – large and small.
- The teacher who patiently reviews the steps of the latest hip-hop dance, over and over.
- The volunteer who breaks through a child’s crippling sensory challenges.
- The teacher who climbs on stage to sing alongside a student in front of a sold-out audience.
- The non-verbal boy who bangs out a drum duet with his teacher.
- The boy who climbs 20 feet up the rock-climbing wall after years of trying.
- The group of teens who write speeches and travel to Boston to tell their legislators their hopes and dreams.
Why are we so lucky to witness these small miracles on practically a daily basis? It’s because Whole Children is not a one-size-fits-all kind of place. It’s a place that looks at each child as an individual, and makes whatever adjustments are needed to help that child learn, reach, grow, and succeed.
It’s a place that takes the time to let these miracles unfold.
There’s another group of heroes at Whole Children. It’s the families, the friends, and the community that has supported us from day one. It’s you! Your support has allowed us to grow even bigger this past year.
Summer 2012 saw a huge increase in enrollment, with new families and children coming to discover the Whole Children miracle. It has meant investing in quality new equipment for the gym, new classes, and innovative training to help our teachers continue to be the best in the business.
Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. We know it, because we see it every day.
Will you be a hero for a child at Whole Children?
Thank you for your support!
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!