WVTC is a non profit that inspires its community with an appreciation of all cultures through new works about contemporary social issues
Your support ensures that the arts have a place to thrive for our youth in the Watts & South Los Angeles Community
Did you know…
• Underserved students often cite their participation in the arts as the primary reason for staying in school?
• Students who are exposed to the Arts such as drama or music are better able to master reading, writing and math than those who focus solely on academics?
• Arts programs are the first on the chopping block when budgets are cut?
Help us bring the color and life of THEATER & THE ARTS back to WATTS!
The Department of Cultural Affairs, Los Angeles has given Watts Village Theater Company a matching grant of $7000 if we raise $7000 by 8/27. We can not reach this goal alone.
When you donate to the Watts Village Theater Company you are helping support our thriving and innovative arts and education initiatives.
Please help us reach our goal of raising $15,000 to provide next years 2013 Animo Locke Watts student school production.
Get involved by...
- Spreading the word by adding this to your Facebook or Twitter page
- Starting your own fundraiser and join Team WVTC to help us continue to provide life-changing programs for LA’s youth
Support the Power of the Arts
Since 1996, Watts Village Theater Company has been a leader in providing acting and theatrical performance workshops for underserved youth in Watts and South Los Angeles. We are a multicultural urban company that seeks to inspire and infuse our culturally diverse community with a tolerance for differences through the development and production of thought-provoking works such as "Meet Me @Metro" launching on August 25, 2012 and kicking off with our Meet Me @Metro: Uncovering LA’s Hidden Treasures VIP Gala & Pre-show on Monday, August 6, 2012, at Traxx Restaurant in Union Station beginning at 6 pm.(for more information please go to http://lahiddentreasures.eventbrite.com/)
Our nationally recognized arts education program will allow us to reach hundreds of students in South Los Angeles through our J.A.M Sessions presented by the Ford Theater Foundation, Summer Camp at the Watt Towers, and Shadow Puppet workshop.
*Supporters that give $10, $20 or $30 monthly will become a WVTC Tower
- $10 monthly gets you certificate of thanks signed by the board of directors and staff of WVTC, $20 monthly gets you certificate plus a shout-out on our Twitter, $30 monthly gets you certificate and Twitter plus a DVD of Simply Maria (professional production performed by South LA underserved youth).
All "Simply Maria" photo credit by Rick Davitt
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!