A project of UNIVERSITY CLUB FOUNDATION INC
The University Club Foundation supports the Club Library & programs of a charitable, educational, scientific, artistic, and literary nature.
The Foundation Board thanks you for your support of Give To The University Club Foundation Day on Tuesday, December 11, 2012! Whether you are aware of the Foundation or not, it plays in integral part in the success of the Club, the lives of our valued employees, and to many in our community. Annual highlights of the Foundation are listed below. The good news is that you can give to each (or all) of the many activities on this very special day!
* The Foundation provides over $300,000 annually to various entities, both within our Club walls and throughout our community.
* 2012 marked the sixth year of the Peterson Grants established in memory of the late Richard W. "Dick" Peterson. Grant recipients include DC College Bound, Sarah Allen Metropolitan AME Church Food Bank, Peterson Back-to-School Backpack Day, Community Affairs Committee Field Trip Series, Stead Park, Washington Jesuit Academy and the Employee Scholarship Fund. Since the inception of the Peterson Grants, over $300,000 has been distributed throughout the community in Dick's memory.
* From 1992 to 2011, the Foundation has awarded nearly $300,000 to employees and their children in order to support their post-high school educational endeavors. Since the unveiling of the John A. Beck Scholarship, the program has expanded to include five named scholarships. Approximately $45,000 will be distributed to worthy recipients in December 2012.
* The sculpture, “Pan of Rohallion,” by Frederick MacMonies was purchased at the request of the Art Advisory Council and The University Club Board of Governors. The sculpture has enhanced the Foundation’s collection and adorn the alcove on the Club’s second floor landing. The sculpture joins Andrew Wyeth's Ocean Inlet in adorning the Club's entryway.
* Since 2001, the Foundation has provided over $1.8 million to fund the services of the Keefer Memorial Library and has funded the renovations of the Keefer Memorial Library, Franklin Room and Foundation Gallery.
* The Foundation practices solid fiscal management. Nearly 96 cents of every contributed dollar reaches each donor's targeted program(s). The Foundation demonstrates distinction when compared to the top tier of U.S. Foundations in both governance and expense standards.
The University Club Foundation is proud to continue a tradition of excellence. Thanks to the support of the Club’s membership and friends, the Foundation has $3 million in assets and receives over $200,000 in annual contributions. With continued support, the Foundation looks forward to a future filled with even greater success.