Support the work of The Link. Our mission is to create a community where neighbors share the love of God through service to each other.
Our Mission:The purpose of The Link is to coordinate an effective, accessible response to people in need in the New London-Spicer area. Our work is grounded in God’s unflagging commitment to people who are poor and otherwise oppressed, articulated by the prophets and embodied in the life of Jesus.
Together with our community partners and volunteers, we work to:
- Help people access existing resources through relationships and advocacy with service agencies.
- Identify gaps in service and engage community members in creating new ways to address these needs.
- Empower people to build and sustain their own social, economic and spiritual well-being, especially by giving their own gifts and abilities back to the community.
- Raise awareness of the reality of poverty in the New London-Spicer.
Programs and Services of The Link:
- Financial Assistance – Direct Vendor Payment for help with things such as utility bills, rent, car repairs, medical expenses
- Tuesday’s Table – Coordination of the free weekly community meal served by area churches open to anyone in the community.
- New London Household Exchange - Sharing space with the Willmar Area Food Shelf and Community Closet Thrift Store, The Link provides an exchange for community goods, free laundry and Internet access. Gently used donations of furniture, appliances, kitchenware, bedding and lamps are welcome. Hours Tuesdays 2p-6p & Thursdays 10a-2p.
- Distribution & Exchange Events – Occasional large distribution events of personal products, household items and outerwear.