The Norfield Giving Fair hopes to raise $25,000 by engaging Norfielders and neighbors to serve at local community projects. Join us June 16!
This is the Ingall Family Team page for the Norfield Giving Fair, June 16, 2012. We look forward to spending time with Open Door Shelter in Norwalk CT and other service teams!
A Day of Service!
Norfielders and neighbors – young and old – are working in Service Teams doing their volunteer work at the following non-profit organizations: Bridgeport Rescue Mission, CLASP Homes, Aspetuck Land Trust, Habitat for Humanity, Homes with Hope, KEYS, Family ReEntry, IIConn, Weston Warm-Up Fund, DOMUS, Open Door Shelter, George Washington Carver Center and Weston Social Services. We are serving in one of the following service areas:
• Feeding the Hungry
• Hands on Help/Heavy Lifting
• Youth Projects
• Prison Related Projects
• Oral History of Weston
• Music Mentoring
• Environmentally Green
• Weston Service
• and more
As part of the event, each service team has created an online pledging page here on this site, and we are now soliciting donations from family and friends for this day of service. 100% of the monies raised will go to our 2012 Beneficiaries:
* CLASP Homes - serving people with developmental disabilities
* Family Re-Entry – serving families and youth who are at risk or currently incarcerated
* International Institute of Connecticut (IIConn) – welcoming new refugee families from the Congo and other countries
* KEYS – bringing music instruction to children of Bridgeport
* UCC - United Church of Christ for oversees disaster relief and other projects
* Weston Food Pantry – to support our own neighbors in difficult times
We hope you’ll support our team! Our team is trying to raise #300 towards the large event goal of $25,000. Thanks so much for your help!