Next Monday, April 16th, I will be running over 26 miles in the 2012 Boston Marathon to raise funds for Boys & Girls Clubs of Dorchester. From toddlers to teenagers, the Club is a safe haven where children’s curiosities and talents are explored and nurtured.
Here are a few things that make Boys & Girls Clubs of Dorchester a truly worthy organization:
- There are nearly 4,000 Club members, all of whom are able to participate in more than 200 programs.
- There is something for every kid at the three Clubhouses! They can pick from: sports and aquatics teams, art classes, singing and music lessons, cooking lessons in the Kids Café, one on one tutoring and homework help, field trips, job readiness programs and college prep/tours, scholarship opportunities, and so much more.
- Children of all abilities are welcome at the Club. Project BIND (Boston Inclusion Network for Disabilities), an important program at the Club, is specifically designed to encourage the educational and social enrichment and advancement of children with special needs.
- Every year, more than 100 Club members go on an all-expense paid Disney vacation. Some of these kids have never left the Boston area, been on a plane, stayed in a hotel or ever taken a vacation. This is an experience that they never forget.
- With the Club’s Safe Summer Streets Program, the Club provides a safe alternative to the streets during the summer until 11PM at which time members are safely driven home to their doorsteps.
- The Club offers a summer day program where members are fed and entertained and go on field trips to amusement parks, museums and aquariums. The program is valued at over $200 a week and is free for members.
- So, what does a membership cost a child? Only $5 per year! Donors like you and me keep the Club affordable so that cost is never a factor in a child seeking out the Club.
I encourage you to visit their site to learn more about the life changing work they do for kids: www.bgcdorchester.org.
My goal is to raise $4,000 for the Club. I hope you will consider sponsoring me and supporting my fundraising efforts. By doing so, your tax-deductible donation will make an immediate and lasting difference in the lives of the children and families served by Boys & Girls Clubs of Dorchester. Every dollar counts.
Please visit my website http://www.razoo.com/story/Steve-Bae to donate online. Check back often to see how my fundraising and training is going!
On behalf of the 4,000 children that your donation will impact, thank you!
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Dorchester’s Tax ID number is: 237 076 465.