Please sponsor us as we run for the BSO in the Baltimore Running Festival on 10/13/2012. Help our team reach our goal of $60,000!
As you may have heard, we're running a marathon in October... or, rather, running in a marathon. The Baltimore Symphony, where Stephanie started working in March, is a pretty innovative orchestra, and one of their fun methods of fundraising and getting the community involved is to have a team of over 150 runners participate in the Baltimore Running Festival (aka the Baltimore Marathon.) Knowing that we're no real runners, misery loves company and we've rounded up Stephanie's brother, Matt, and dad, Mark, to form a family marathon relay team to run on October 13th. So now we have been training pretty diligently for the past couple of months, but we can't do it alone -- here is where you come in! Below are 10 reasons why you should click the donate button and give $10 (or more!) to our campaign and give us the motivation to run our 7 miles each (yes, we're taking the long legs!)
1. The BSO is the only orchestra in the country to have two permanent full-time homes, which is no small feat, enhancing the cultural vitality of two metropolitan areas.
2. The BSO has some incredibly innovative educational programs that you can help make happen including: Rusty Musicians, The BSO Academy, OrchKids and BSO on the Go.
3. You like classical music and want to support that.
4. You don't like classical music, but you like us and want to support us.
5. You are happy that Stephanie found employment in this recession and support that.
6. You know how difficult it is to run 7 miles and want to support that.
7. You have no idea how difficult it is to run 7 miles because you've never done it, but supporting us running makes you feel slightly better.
8. You identify with none of the above but you're related to us and we've somehow guilted you into it.
9. You're not related to us, but know that the cost of a couple of Starbucks coffees or beers is well worth the cause of supporting artistic excellence, engaging youth and encouraging lifelong learning.
10. You love Bolt for the BSO!