STEP responds to people in crisis who have no where to turn for help with basic needs such as food, clothing, transportation and housing.
Though it may be hard to imagine, hunger does happen here. 1 in 11 households in St. Louis Park do not have enough food. 1 in 6 children in St. Louis Park are served by STEP.
Hunger is real and is affecting our neighbors.
The St. Louis Park Emergency Program is working toward a hunger free community.
- We provide food to 9 percent of the population of St. Louis Park.
- 42 percent of the people we serve are children.
- STEP is not only working to end hunger, but we also work to provide as much fresh produce and nutritional food as possible.
- Each month, we have over 750 visits to our Food Shelf, each day serving up to 40 families and distributing over 2,000 pounds of food (including Kosher food).
- Our Back to School Program provided backpacks and school supplies for 423 students.
- STEP Volunteers drove 7,328 miles and gave 1,611 rides.
- Clothes Closet distributed 9,099 bags of clothing to 8,084 families.
“Fresh, wholesome and easy to prepare food. Helps to give me the nutrient I need. Love you all!” STEP client
“Full, Healthy and Happy Kids! Knowing there is a place I can come for support when I need it. Thank you!” STEP client
“I honestly don’t know what I would have done without STEP.” STEP client
“STEP programs and support helped me with taking away the feelings of despair, hopelessness and depression and replaced it with the feeling of hope, love and care. I am really starting to understand what it is to give. Thank you!” STEP client
“I greatly appreciate this program. Although it was hard to admit I needed the help, I was welcomed with open arms and not judged when I did.” STEP client
“Food from STEP helps with my monthly food costs which I may not otherwise be able to afford. Food costs have gone up over the past couple of years and it has been difficult for me to stretch my money that far. Thank you so much!” STEP client
Join the Conversation
6812 W Lake St
St Louis Park, MN 55426
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!