is dedicated to providing a loving and safe home for its residents for as long as they live or until they are adopted into their own home.
Save the Animals Foundation (STAF)
Funded entirely by donations and operated solely by volunteers, our no-kill shelter and sanctuary currently homes over 600 dogs and cats, many of whom have been abused, abandoned or literally tossed away. Teams of volunteers work with the animals two shifts a day 365 days a year, providing them with a safe and caring environment until we can place them in permanent, loving homes. Over the years we have matched thousands of lucky animals with equally lucky families.
What we're most proud of:
- 100% no-kill shelter for abandoned cats and dogs. Every animal has a chance.
- Run solely by volunteers - STAF has no paid employees.
- Private, non-profit organization funded completely by donations and fundraisers.
- Top-notch care and individual attention for all of our dogs and cats. All of our animals are fed a high-quality diet, receive regular visits by a core network of dedicated vets, and their living areas are cleaned twice a day, every day. Every incoming animal receives a thorough exam and appropriate vaccinations before being admitted into the shelter population. All of our animals are spayed or neutered in keeping with our philosophy of promoting responsible pet ownership.
- Our shelter will only adopt pets to responsible, loving, permanent homes. Adoptions are held two days each week at the shelter. All potential adopting families will be required to fill out a questionnaire and be interviewed by a volunteer adoption counselor, before viewing the animals.
- Our spay/neuter program to help those less fortunate in our area alter their pets and to help alter colonies of unwanted / feral cats.
You can make a one-time donation or set up a recurring donation (on the next page, use the "REPEAT DONATION" drop down list to select the frequency you desire).