Support helps to both serve existing activities and expand programs to keep pace with the growth and aspirations of the wider collective.
In Sanskrit, a "peetham" is described as a sacred place or seat for tapasya (spiritual discipline). Sri Aurobindo Sadhana Peetham (SASP), a non-profit organization, is dedicated to the manifestation of Sri Aurobindo and The Mother's vision and work in America. In addition to providing residential facilities for the in-depth practice of the sadhana, the Ashram is a place where one can come and experience the Integral Yoga in a collective way.
The SASP community includes the residents of the Ashram as well as friends, sadhaks and devotees from the surrounding communities who participate in the ashram's monthly spiritual retreats and other programs, and also visitors who come from all over the world to observe the Darshan days, to practice collective karma yoga, or simply to absorb the Divine Presence of Mother and Sri Aurobindo.
* To provide a place for those who are sincerely interested to practice Sri Aurobindo's Integral Yoga and offer themselves in all their parts and activities in a collective sadhana where food, shelter, simple basic necessities and a field of work are provided for this purpose.
* To be a regional center for the Integral Yoga community by hosting group activities, gatherings, talks, workshops, concerts and retreats and to provide opportunities for deeper study of the Integral Yoga teachings through individual work exchange programs, study groups and library facilities.
* To collaborate with Auroville, the Sri Aurobindo Ashram and other organizations with similar aims and aspirations towards the realization of human unity and the divine life upon earth.
* To distribute the works of Sri Aurobindo and The Mother and other classical spiritual writings from India to individuals, libraries, bookstores, universities, centers and other organizations
* To discover a true collective harmony amongst ourselves united in our aspiration for the Divine Consciousness.
* To dedicate the land, buildings and facilities of Sri Aurobindo Sadhana
Peetham as a place for the manifestation of the "New Creation."