Songwriting Works™ unites professional songwriters, elders, families and communities together to restore health - and joy - through song.
Songwriting Works™ turns isolation into connection, depression into happiness and illness into health. Together we write songs that lift the voices of entire communities. Compelling, delightful and memorable - each song carries the stories, wit, humor, history, melodies and intelligence of those living with Alzheimer's, depression, isolation and other life challenges - in their own words and music. Families, friends and neighbors join in. We then celebrate the songs and songwriters at public concerts and in publications including print, film, web and recordings such as our forthcoming CD "Life's a Song" (see below). Our programs are research-vetted and award-winning with more than 300 songs composed in communities across the U.S. since 1990.
YOUR tax-deductible GIFT can be directed toward:
•Support of programs in care and community settings
•Technology upgrades and technical assistance
•Honoraria for musician-facilitators
•Public awareness concerts, recordings, videos and publications
•Scholarships for health and music professionals
•Replication of Songwriting Works™ training and award-winning programs as part of regional and national initiatives
Your support makes it possible for professional songwriters to bring their talents into service in sustaining collaborations with:
• Elders in residential care and community settings
• People age 60+ in rural, urban and suburban neighborhoods
• Loved ones of people living with Alzheimer's disease, depression, chronic illness and other health challenges
• Isolated, low-income rural and urban older adults
• Teens and youth at-risk collaborating across generations
General operating support also enables Songwriting Works™ to provide and increase availability of training and consultations for:
• Health and arts professionals serving older adults
• Professional musicians training as certified facilitators
• Program administrators and leaders seeking innovation
• Researchers in aging, neuro-science, health and education
Celebration donors and business sponsors support:
• "Life's a Song" CD project and engagement initiative
• Annual SongFest on the Olympic Peninsula (WA state)
• Regional and national collaborations and research
• Blogs, print and video publications
Contributions through March 31, 2014 serve to match a Challenge America grant from the National Endowment for the Arts.
THANK YOU FOR JOINING US!
Be part of SONGWRITING WORKS 2014 “Life’s a Song CD and More" project. Following a successful December 2013 kickstarter campaign, 7 acclaimed touring songwriters are poised to release 12 songs composed with 200 of our neighbors. Produced by reknowned multi-instrumentalist Orville Johnson, the CD is nearing completion for spring 2014 release. $8,000 is needed to fulfill our vision of national distribution. Songs and details about the project are at: http://tinyurl.com/lifes-a-song
More ways to LISTEN, VIEW, READ and SUBSCRIBE:
OFFICIAL WEBSITE http://www.songwritingworks.org
YOU TUBE channel (video): http://youtube.com/songwritingworks
SOUNDCLOUD (audio): http://soundcloud.com/songwritingworks