Our mission: create peaceful communities in which domestic respect and a life free from violence is the right of every woman, man and child.
Our mission is to create peaceful communities in which domestic respect and a life free from violence is the right of every woman, man and child.
Sojourner Family Peace Center is the largest non-profit provider of domestic violence prevention and intervention services in Wisconsin. We have the incredible and rewarding responsibility of serving families and coordinating with other groups and agencies in our community to deliver services that mend the body and restore the spirit.
Our programs and services are confidential and available free of charge. Consider giving a gift that will ensure the continuation of these services, which are so desperately needed in our community.
• Sojourner Truth House, our 46-bed emergency crisis shelter for women and children who need a safe place to go
• Our 24-Hour Domestic Violence Hotline links callers to emergency shelter, legal assistance and referrals, support groups and counseling, food, clothing and other emergency needs
• Domestic Abuse Victim Advocates within the Milwaukee County DA’s office serve as liaisons between clients and the criminal justice system
• Advocates at the Restraining Order Clinic at the Milwaukee County Courthouse provide legal advocacy, guidance and support
• Community Domestic Abuse Advocates are available in six of Milwaukee’s seven police districts
• The Beyond Abuse program teaches participants how to eliminate abusive and controlling behaviors from their relationships
• Our Community Education Program increases awareness and understanding of family violence issues among children, teens and adults
• Family Advocacy and Support Services include case management, support groups, legal assessment and referrals for individuals and families.
• Our children’s programming includes supervised child care, academic tutoring and enrichment activities