Help send Adam Greenberg to the UN climate negotiations to work toward a just, balanced international climate agreement and future on Earth.
The future of the planet is being decided right now: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/global-warmings-terrifying-new-math-20120719 Please help me advocate for our future.
I've been selected as a United States Youth Delegate to the United Nations Climate Negotiations in Qatar. I will be representing you and citizens across the country. I am asking for your support.
Our future is under direct threat, and scientists say we have 3 years to put a meaningful plan in place. The UNFCCC negotiations is where world leaders decide what we will do (or fail to do) about climate change, as a planet. Climate change is the greatest threat we've ever faced, and we aren't moving fast enough to stop it.
In response to slow progress on the most critical issue in human history, I have been selected as part of a team of SustainUS Agents of Change delegates to the COP18 negotiations of the UNFCCC, which will be held in Doha, Qatar, from November 26 to December 7, 2012. More details on what I am doing can be found below.
This is one of the most important issues of our time, and an incredible opportunity for me to work in the field in which I will be involved for my entire life. Unfortunately, it's expensive!
Please can you help me represent us all, further the causes of human rights, and prevent runaway climate change?
Last year at the negotiations, I started the first platform on water issues for the youth constituency to the UNFCCC.
This year, I need your help to raise the funds to make this trip to Qatar ($1900). Would you be willing to contribute any amount you can to help me make this trip?
Any TAX DEDUCTIBLE donation is extremely helpful in enabling me to go to the UN climate negotiations. By donating, you and I can help make this world a better place to live and give hope to our children and grandchildren.
To donate, go to the green "Make a Donation" box on the right side of the screen, type in a donation amount, and click "Donate."
Remember, SustainUS is a 501-c3 and your donation is tax deductible! $15 will feed me for a day, $35 will house me for a night. $50 will cover all my costs for 24 hours!
Thank you very much for your consideration in helping me go to the UN Climate Negotiations. I consider this the most important work I have done in my life. I promise to do all I possibly can to bring about a just, equitable, liveable future on Earth, for everybody.
More Details: Before, during, and after the conference, I will be working with SustainUS delegates, international civil society and government groups, and youth from around the world to educate communities, change the conversation, create pressure, develop policy priorities, lobby effectively, and work toward a fair, balanced, international agreement to address climate change.
More of the specifics on what I am/will be doing include:
- Drafting policy documents
- Making speeches on the floor of the UN http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahZw3rYa_ZI
- Engaging in meetings with government delegates
- Lobbying for specific policies
- Continuing work with the water policy group I started last year (the first platform on water issues for the youth constituency to the UNFCCC)
- Partnering with other media sources to raise awareness. http://grist.org/politics/speak-up-young-people-need-to-be-heard-at-the-earth-summit/
- Coordinating with US youth at COP18
- Creating a rapid response network to strategically link the events in Qatar with groups on the ground in the US
- Working with allies on a framework to change the climate conversation in the US
- Collaborating with other youth from around the world http://ourplanet.infocentral.state.gov/2011/12/07/cop17-sustainus-guest-blog-4-louise/
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!