I'm running for books, racquets, computers, balls, shoes, and anything else to help succeed on the court and in the classroom.
I learned about Tenacity first through friends and later as part of a project that helped expand the program's reach. As a lifelong tennis player, I know how valuable the discipline I learned on the tennis court is in the classroom. I am running to support Tenacity's efforts to instill that same discipline in students across the city in addition to:
- Teaching the value of hard work
- Providing a means of building self confidence
- Giving opportunities that otherwise would not be available
- Developing relationships of trust and advocacy
- Fostering hearts of gratitude
- Emphasizing the primacy of education for success in life
- Showing what it means to be part of a team
- Instructing in how to set goals and prioritize time
- Offering ways to stay focused amidst the challenges of life
- Communicating the importance of physical fitness for overall health
- Nurturing a sense of community with positive values
- Empowering students to become all they can be
- And much more…
The Tenacity Marathon Team is training and fundraising -
- To run the 2013 Boston Marathon® - 26.2 miles from Hopkinton to Boston on April 15, 2013
- To raise $100,000 in support of Tenacity's programs for at-risk urban youth.
Tenacity's school-year programs serve at-risk urban students in Boston with our:
- Elementary School Program - teaching tennis to 4th and 5th graders.
- Middle School Academy - our core program - literacy tutoring, homework help, tennis instruction and team tennis competition, high school selection, family engagement.
- College Prep - seeing our MSA students through high school to earning their diplomas and applying to college or pursuing other approved post secondary endeavors.
- Alumni Services - staying active with our community of graduates - helping them stay in college, finding jobs, reaching successful adulthood.
Tenacity's summer programs serve youth in Boston and Worcester:
- Summer Tennis and Reading Program in Boston (5,000 kids) and Worcester (500 kids) serving youth ages 6 – 16 with a fitness and literacy program that keeps kids active and occupied during summer recess.
Please join me and my other teammates in supporting Tenacity as we run in the 2013 Boston Marathon. Our team hopes to raise $100,000 together, while my individual goal is to raise a minimum of $5000. I believe that with your help, we can do it! Your tax deductible donation of any amount will be both used effectively and greatly appreciated, in addition to serving as an inspiration to me as I prepare for Race Day!
Click the “Donate” button to your right, or if you would prefer to give by check, you can make it out to: Tenacity, Inc., and add "2013 Boston Marathon / Scott London" to the note line, mailing it to the address below.
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!