Join the School Without Walls HSA in its efforts to reach its 2013-2014 fundraising goal of $85,000!
HSA dues and donations help fund athletics, music, international travel, and staff appreciation. The HSA contributes to classroom supplies, library books, professional development and the summer bridge program for incoming freshmen. Family donations to the HSA make possible the directory, student planners, Naviance, TurnItIn.com, and the website. And there is more!
With every family’s support, we can continue to make this all happen. Our budget represents about $150 per student, or only $15 a month through the upcoming school year. We ask every family to join the HSA and be as generous as possible. No contribution is too small, and membership has its benefits: a sense of community.
Every student at Walls benefits from the HSA!
The School Without Walls—a DC Public School—is open to a diverse population of highly-motivated students. On our state-of-the-art campus students develop and test their talents and interests in music, art, literature, math, science, languages including Spanish, French, Chinese and Latin, athletics, government and the ever-expanding world of technology.
In the heart of the city, Walls allows our students to be free to learn and grow, to develop friendships and begin to forge a path towards lifelong success in a dynamic environment.
Here’s a sampling of what makes The School Without Walls so unique:
- We ensure that 100% of our students graduate and 100% receive college acceptances.
- In 2010, our students received $6.3 million in college scholarships.
- Our newly-renovated building is an historic landmark, Gold LEED certified and technology-smart, making the SWW campus user-friendly for students and faculty alike.
- Qualified SWW students can earn an Associate of Arts degree at George Washington University along with their high school diploma, and tuition free.
- While we continue our four-decade tradition of using the entire Nation’s Capitol as an educational resource, we have expanded our reach with student-faculty academic trips to India, Senegal, Europe and more.
In 2010, The School Without Walls was awarded a Blue Ribbon Award for Excellence for its accomplishments – one of only 300 schools in the entire nation to achieve this standard. We intend to maintain and improve upon our illustrious Blue Ribbon status, but we can’t do it alone!
Please Donate Now!
You can make online donations here using a credit card (and please do not select to make it an “anonymous” donation – we’d like to include you on our membership rolls.) You can also write a check to “School Without Walls HSA” noting “membership/donation’ on the memo line and deliver or mail it to SWW Home and School Association, School Without Walls Senior High School, 2130 G Street NW, Washington DC 20037.
Please help us keep The School Without Walls Senior High School ahead of the pack with your tax deductible gift*!
*School Without Walls HSA is a 501(c)(3) organization.