San Antonio Pets Alive!’s mission is to save every adoptable dog and cat in danger of euthanasia at the city shelter
San Antonio Pets Alive! (SAPA!) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization run almost exclusively by dedicated volunteers.
San Antonio Pets Alive! promotes and provides the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals.
We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in a shelter, by rescuing the pets who are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter.
In our rescue program, to not duplicate work of other agencies, we focus solely on the pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the shelters’ adoption programs and only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.
Examples of how your monthly donation amounts could help San Antonio Pets Alive! in the following ways:
- $15 – Provides a heating pad each month to keep a bottle baby kitten or parvo puppy warm
- $35 – Provides Spay/Neuter Surgery
- $50 – Provides puppy food each month for a litter of hungry puppies
- $100 – Provides the milk needed each month to feed a litter of kittens
- $250 – Provides the necessary medicines to save a parvo puppy each month
- $1,000 – Spays/neuters 28 dogs and cats a month!
- $5,000 – Each month San Antonio Pets Alive! incurs around $30,000 in medical expenses for special medical cases. We require 6 Patrons to cover these expenses and help us promise a future for those who come to the shelter severely injured.
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!