RESOURCE empowers people to achieve greater personal, social and economic success.
Let’s envision a world in which all basic needs are met. Where members of our community see an end to poverty, homelessness and hunger and experience freedom from fear. A community where cultural and personal differences are viewed as strengths and all people have access to education and employment that provide livable wages.
Then envision a future in which people struggling with chemical dependency, unemployment, disabilities and mental illness receive immediate access to integrated services. A future in which we are seen for who we are and not our labels or limitations. As a result, we have the tools to thrive, become active community members, and build strong connections with both family and community.
RESOURCE is recognized as a beacon of hope. A place where all feel welcomed, appreciated, represented and supported. We partner with our clients to provide one-stop access to support and services customized to meet the unique needs of each individual. We reach out to meet emerging needs. Our community is energized by our work and engaged in providing solutions. RESOURCE is the source of support and encouragement for many in our community who step in to discover their potential and achieve their dreams.
Last year, we helped nearly 20,000 individuals who were working hard to improve their lives:
- 3,340 laid-off workers and other unemployed or underemployed adults seeking employment
- 8,351 parents on welfare working toward self-sufficiency
- 674 “at-risk” youth struggling to survive and thrive
- 1,057 adults with disabilities or other barriers to employment seeking jobs and training
- 1,233 individuals grappling with substance abuse problems – most with a history of relapse and many with prison records
- 2,528 adults with a mental illness living and participating actively in the community
The 24,250 children of those served also benefited indirectly from their parents' success in discovering their potential and achieving their dreams.
Everyone has hopes and dreams for our lives. Who helped you to reach for yours? Honor them by helping someone in our community achieve their dreams.
– We meet you where you are
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!