Pariyatti, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, was founded to bring people into contact with the teachings of the Buddha. We provide resources in the Theravada tradition, and support Pali language studies and Vipassana meditation. We serve meditators, scholars, educators and the public by providing ready access to hard-to-find titles.
Donations provide essential financial support for these services, and in this way our supporters help people from all walks of life discover the richness within these teachings. More information.
Our Unique Services
- Distributing more than 1,000 exceptional and hard-to-find titles imported from the Vipassana Research Institute (India), the Pali Text Society (UK), and the Buddhist Publication Society (Sri Lanka), and other publishers around the world
- Publishing new works explicating the Noble Eightfold Path for modern readers
- Republishing classic out-of-print Theravada titles
- Providing meditation resources to Vipassana students in the eminent tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin as taught by S.N. Goenka
- Offering a free online Pāli resource in the Pariyatti Learning Center
- Offering free audio and video content via podcasts
- E-mailing Daily Words of the Buddha to more than 6,500 subscribers in English and Spanish.
- Making the entire Buddhist sacred literature (Tipitaka), in 140 printed volumes of Devanāgari Pāli, available free of charge to scholars, universities, libraries and temples
- Operating a retail bookstore with a collection of both essential and seldom-seen titles, all available in one location as well as online.
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!