More than 2,000 people visit the Old Stone House, Washington Park and JJ Byrne playground each and every day.
The Old Stone House, the site of the pivotal Battle of Brooklyn, holds a unique place in American history and in the Brooklyn of today. Our role as an historic site of the American Revolution provides the grounding for our activism of today. We –
- oversee and care for the playground, gardens, turf and park
- serve as the liaison between the community and NYC Parks
- provide a safe haven for children and families
- partner with neighborhood organizations including schools, the 5th Avenue BID, Park Slope Parents and the Park Slope Civic Council to host everything from class parties to the Halloween Parade
- offer history-based programs for more than 6,000 school children each year
- provide a cultural home for artists, writers and musicians
- facilitate special event permits
- sponsor the CSA and the weekly Farm market
- advocate for the community
- provide an arena for participatory governing
If you use the playground, park, playing field, sports courts, dog run, bathrooms, benches, attend an event or take delight in passing through the park on your way elsewhere, please help us care for this model for neighborhood engagement.
We are happy to accept checks directly. Please make your check payable to Old Stone House, PO Box 150613, Brooklyn, NY 11215 and be sure to include your mailing address!
For more information about OSH’s organizational structure and strategic plans, or to discuss sustained giving, please call Kimberly Maier at 718-768-3195 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit us at www.theoldstonehouse.org.
“I am obviously a fan as I live two blocks away. I use the dog park often and LOVE the Old Stone House events. It is a wonderful to have in the hood when friends with kids come visit as well.”
“Hooray for the farmer's market here on Sundays! Also, the water fountain/sprinkler for the kids in the summertime is mighty cute. The epitome of Park Slope family time.”