Please help the many wildlife species – the bald eagle, blue heron, canvasback duck – and people who call the Chesapeake Bay home.
From the majestic blue heron and iconic bald eagle — to the people who fish, play and drink from the watershed — many call the Chesapeake Bay region home. Sadly, sewage, animal waste, and urban runoff are steadily polluting our water. Please help save our wildlife and water, before it’s too late!
Already, the number of wintering canvasback ducks in the Chesapeake have declined from nearly a quarter million birds to just over 30,000. The canvasbacks have virtually abandoned the Bay due to a loss of aquatic vegetation caused by runoff. If pollution and development remain unchecked, many more animals like the blue heron and bald eagle will likely decline as food and nesting habitats vanish.
Unfortunately, attacks on the Clean Water Act are hampering the Environmental Protection Agency’s ability to enforce measures that manage the level of pollution in the Bay. Please help fight for clean water today.
With your help, the National Wildlife Federation and our coalition partners will be able to:
• Fight for continued federal investment in the Chesapeake Bay watershed and against rollbacks to vital EPA regulations.
• Improve policies that stop polluted runoff in cities and towns.
• Educate and engage many of the 17 million citizens that live in the region.
• Carry out watershed cleanup plans with local governments.
• Protect communities from water pollution created by gas drilling (fracking).
Please donate now to help NWF fight the polluters putting our water supply at risk. For more information on our Chesapeake program, click here.
New! Find out about other ways you can support wildlife and wildplaces. Click here to visit "Choose Your Cause" where you can choose the cause you care about most.
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!