over 1,000 children, youth and families served by FCNI annually. housing, clothing, mentoring, life skills development, and more
Why We Run
Your participation in Miracle Miles for Kids helps FCNI make a difference in the lives of those it serves with funds earned through registration and pledging going to meet the needs of the over 1,000 children, youth and families served by FCNI annually. These funds meet needs like housing, clothing, mentoring, life skills development, supporting extra-curricular activities and therapeutic services.
What is the Family Care Network?
- The Family Care Network is a private, nonprofit children and families services provider which was started in 1987 for the purpose of creating family-based treatment programs as an alternative to group home or institutional care of children and youth.
- In the agency’s 24 year history, its programs have grown to serve over 1,000 children, youth and families annually in San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties.
- Programs are delivered in partnership with public and private agencies, and the community.
- FCNI provides 17 distinct programs within five service divisions, including: Therapeutic Foster Care; Family Support Services; Transitional Housing Services; Early Intervention and Prevention Services; and Community-Linked Services.
- Agency programs are based on Best Practices, Wraparound Principles and evidence-based or promising practices.
- The Family Care Network values integrity, accountability, program fidelity and outcome-based services, and is accredited by the California Alliance of Child & Family Services.
- The agency’s mission is to “Enhance the lives of children and families in partnership with our community”, making events like Miracle Miles for Kids critical to helping us meet the needs of our children, youth and families.