Shannon's Miles of Smiles for Rett
To raise money to help find a cure for Rett Syndrome.
Imagine the symptons of autism, cerebral palsy, Parkinson's, epilepsy and anxiety disorders...all wrapped up in one little girl. This is Rett Syndrome.
Hi! My name is Shannon Nealon and I'm running to raise money and awareness for Rett Syndrome. My older sister Brianna has Rett, and I'm running races on her behalf. Rett Syndrome has taken away Brianna's ability to walk, talk and needs constant assistance in all aspects of her life. The scientists are so close to a cure and every little bit helps. Please donate to help raise money for this cause so one day Brianna can run with me.
Malverne 5K - October 14, 2012 - COMPLETED :)
Northport Veteran's 4k Cross Country Race - November 3, 2012 - COMPLETED :)
Lynbrook Fly With The Owls 4-Mile Run - November 17, 2012 - COMPLETED :)
Oyster Bay 5k Turkey Trot - November 22, 2012 - COMPLETED :)
Disney Princess 5k - February 23, 2013 - COMPLETED :)
To learn more about Rett Syndrome and Girl Power to Cure, visit the following links.
Shannon Nealon fundraising for GIRL POWER 2 CURE INC
||GIRL POWER 2 CURE INC
||2891 BREAKERS CT
||AMELIA ISLAND, FL 32034
Girl Power 2 Cure raises awareness & funds for research for Rett Syndrome, a devastating neurological disorder that primarily affects girls.
We are committed to making Rett Syndrome the first reversible neurological disorder by harnessing the spirit of girls to support fellow girls who are suffering. We support girls in the planning and implementation of events that raise awareness and funds for Rett Syndrome research, as well as support Rett families with resources, fundraising help and awareness tools.
Our inspiration is our flower: always in bloom with hope and positive energy, ready to grow anywhere there is someone ready to join in our mission.
- We believe Rett Syndrome can be the first reversible neurological disorder.
- We believe that girls are powerful and positive community leaders and mentors.
- We believe in empowering Rett Syndrome families by supporting and encouraging their creative fundraising and awareness initiatives.
- We believe amidst the mass confusion going on within their central nervous systems, Rett Girls are smart, strong and waiting bravely for us to unlock the door to their recovery.
- We believe that finding a successful treatment for Rett Syndrome will pave the way to treatments of other neurological disorders such as: Autism, Alzheimer's, bipolar disorder and more.