We are dedicated to ensuring that public mental health policy is just, fair and promotes equality and opportunity.
MHA-NE is an organization staffed by people who have lived experience with mental health issues who advocate and empower others who may be going through similar situations.
In Lincoln, Nebraska:
- The H.O.P.E. supported employment program helps people with mental health issues find competitive jobs that are based on the person’s preferences and abilities.
- H.O.P.E. program also helps peers with benefits planning and management to understand state and federal benefits.
- Keya house is a mental health respite house that allows people who need space to work on their recovery and mental health issues support from a staff with lived experience in up to five day stay.
- R.E.A.L Referral Program allows trained peer companions to contact people referred by LPD to offer support and services that are available in our community to help in mental health recovery.
- HomeB.A.S.E. is a new program created in collaboration with students that seeks to eliminate and prevent bullying and suicides in Lincoln Public Schools. Along with introduce Wellness Recovery Action Plan groups into schools.