Men As Peacemakers engages men with women in preventing violence and promoting equity.
On average, more than three women a day are murdered by their husbands or boyfriends.
Findings from the Women's Foundation reveal that 1 in 3 women in Minnesota will experience domestic violence and/or sexual assault in her lifetime.
Stopping Harm Before It Happens
Our programs are preventing violence against women and children by:
- Engaging men in prevention of violence against women
- Mentoring youth to serve as future peacemakers
- Intervention for perpetrators and victims of domestic abuse
- Diversion for youth involved in the juvenile justice system
- Shifting the culture of athletics to reflect respect, gender equity, and nonviolence
MAP's programming has engaged over 30,000 men and women in sexual and domestic violence prevention and recruited 2,200 community members to work with 5,175 youth to successfully reduce recidivism, truancy, and crime.
Check out our organizational video: http://menaspeacemakers.org/
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!