LWV Minneapolis is a grassroots, non-partisan organization that encourages informed and active participation in all levels of government.
Thank you for supporting the League of Women Voters Minneapolis. As a volunteer-based, member-driven organization, we rely on donors like you to fulfill our mission of promoting informed and active participation in all levels of government.
Today's civic and political climate pose exciting challenges and opportunities. From an open mayoral seat that attracted 35 candidates to putting ranked choice voting to its broadest test yet, LWV Mpls saw a number of amazing successes in our efforts to inform and engage the Minneapolis electorate:
- Hosted and moderated over a dozen candidate forums in mayoral and city council races, attracting more than 2,200 attendees.
- Sponsored forums on issues affecting our children including the achievement gap, tenure and teacher evaluations featuring candidates, teachers, administrators and union reps. More than 350 Minneapolis residents attended these forums.
- Recruited over 40 trained volunteers to provide election day services through a partnership with the City of Minneapolis
- Registered 329 voters through outreach events ranging from high schools to libraries to Twin Cities PRIDE.
- Voter ID: Our members worked tirelessly (14 volunteers logged 42 hours!) phonebanking, flyering, tabling and partnering with local organizations serving vulnerable communities to educate voters about the amendment. The amendment was successfully defeated!
- Constitutional Amendments: We sponsored two programs, one with an improv group, and one with a media group, to discuss the effects of constitutional amendments on government.
- Campaign Advertising: LWVMpls held a town meeting with journalist Eric Black discussing “humble truths about half-truths” in campaign advertising, followed by Q & A.
- Forged partnerships with Independent Scholars, The Theater of Public Policy, the University of Minnesota, Minnesotans United for All Families, MinnPost, Twin Cities Media Alliance, We The People, the Star Tribune’s Lori Sturdevant, and many other speakers, venues and organizations in Minneapolis.
We truly do better when we all do better, and LWV Mpls is committed to building on this tradition in the years to come.
We invite you to support, and join, in that movement!
Join the Conversation
81 South 9th St #335
Minneapolis, MN 55402
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!