We leverage create-ability in Lincoln by offering art education, art experiences and art opportunities to residents and visitors alike.
The Lincoln Arts Council serves as the central arts information and service agency for the city of Lincoln. The Arts Council provides support for Lincoln artists and arts organizations through programs and services that sustain and expand the capacity of the Lincoln arts community.
- Initiate Inclusiveness
- Foster Collaboration
- Encourage Excellence
- Challenge Perceptions
- Seek Innovation
- Respect Differences
- Exemplify Integrity
- Work Green
- Lincoln is a vibrant, creative community known nationally as a significant cultural destination in Nebraska.
- Community members have ready, up-to-date access to local arts information and participate fully in diverse arts experiences.
- Community resources flowing through the LAC - including money, volunteers and staff - are maximized and used efficiently.
- Lincoln-area arts organizations and artists have adequate capacity to do their work well.
- Policymakers, business people and other potential funders are “arts champions” - knowledgeable about the economic and social impact of the arts and motivated to be advocates and investors.
- Schools, community centers, arts organizations and individuals have access to, and use, educational materials about the arts.
- The community benefits from LAC leadership in the oversight of public arts projects.
- “Incorporation of the arts” becomes an important consideration in the planning and development of every major project undertaken in the community.