LIFE Runners national team will run in the St. Louis Marathon to raise awareness, prayers & funds for ThriVe St.Louis Medical Mobile Center.
Elena & I have been involved with the LIFE Runners since we met founder Dr. Pat Castle and his wife, Angi, on our Engaged Encounter Retreat in 2011. Sharing a love for running and a love for LIFE, joining the team was a natural next step. We have since been involved in running in 3 events and have seen our team steadily grow in numbers as we all wear our LIFE Runners jerseys to "Remember the Unborn." Each year, the team raises funds by running in local events, as well as a nation-wide marathon, held this year in Saint Louis on October 21st.
This will be our first National LIFE Runners event. Since Elena just gave birth to John Paul in mid-August, and since I've been in school with little time to train, we've settled on doing the half marathon. The individual goal for each team member is to raise $250, with an overall goal of $50,000.
Please sponsor our run and help our team promote life by donating today to our LIFE Runners team cause: Thrive, Saint Louis Mobile Medical Center, which provides abortion alternatives to at-risk mothers. We're hoping to raise funds to purchase a mobile ultra-sound unit. Once a mother sees her baby in utero, hears the heart beat, sees the fingers and toes... almost 100% of the time, LIFE wins!
* 2011: Sioux Falls Alpha Center Mobile Medical Center ($25,000) and Kansas City Wyandotte Mobile Medical Center (over $10,000).
* 2010: Thanks to 110 generous sponsors we raised $7,000 for Sioux Falls Alpha Center Mobile Medical Center.
* 2009: Raised $2,100 to help A Woman’s Answer (Gainsville, FL) get an ultrasound through the Knights of Columbus program.
* 2008: Teammates contributed to these Pro-Life ministries, raising over $4,000
- Alpha Center: pregnancy help in Sioux Falls, SD
- Arbor House: motherhood community in Gainesville, FL
- Elizabeth New Life Center: pregnancy help in Dayton, OH
- Old Colorado City Pregnancy Center: pregnancy help, caused Planned Parenthood to move
- Project Rachael: healing ministry for women who've had an abortions